Skincare is a booming business. It is a business unlikely to slow down as many people are becoming more health and body conscious. Taking care of your skin should be a priority. But, as a consumer, where do you turn? There are so many options: ointments, creams, salves, balms, oils, tinctures...the list goes on and on and on! I am definitely NOT a product junkie. I refuse to spend my hard earned dollars on products where I cannot read an ingredient label without a full out google search!
That being said...your face is your base! A botanical facial steam is literally everything I love in a jar! No hard to pronounce ingredients, no junk, no bad stuff. Just natural dried organic herbs and botanicals. Steaming relaxes the mind, helps to moisturize dry skin, opens your pores to help eliminate impurities and increases facial circulation to give your face a warm glow!
How do I do a botanical steam? Easy peasy! Let me break it down for you!
- Gently wash your face and remove your makeup. Organic jojoba oil is an excellent natural make-up remover (again...no need to spend your hard earned dollars on an expensive makeup remover). Splash your face with cool water before starting your steam.
- Place 2-3 teaspoons of our botanical blend into a heat-safe bowl.
- Add 3 cups of boiling water. Cover the bowl and let the botanicals steep for 5 minutes to trap their goodness, oils and aromatics.
- Find a comfortable table to sit at with your bowl. I actually prefer to kneel over my bowl. Think yoga child resting pose here! Drape a towel over your head, close your eyes and lean over the steaming botanicals about 6-8 inches from the water. Take care to prevent steam from escaping. Relax and breathe deeply for 5-10 minutes, coming up from the steam as needed to the point your skin sweats but does not become uncomfortable or burn. Relax and take in this aromatherapy experience. This is THE BEST PART! A couple of drops of your favorite essential oil can be added here.
- Once your steam is done pat your face dry and then use a cool wash cloth to close your pores. You can follower with a toner or moisturizer of your choice.
- A botanical steam is perfect to use before exfoliation or applying a face mask. Bonus, strain the botanicals from your steam bowl and use that infused water to mix into your dry clay mask then apply your mask to your face!
Use this botanical facial steam once a week for healthy glowing skin! People will notice! I have folks ask me all the time how my 46 year old face looks so young and youthful!
Our botanical facial steams come in an 4 oz jar (2 ounce by weight) and contain 10-12 steams! You can get yours here!
Till next week.....
Disclaimer: I hope you have found my blog useful and helpful. I am a professional registered nurse of 23 years and my blog posts are intended for informational and educational purposes only. They should not be seen as health, nutritional or medical advice. I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. I recommend checking with your doctor before beginning any new treatment as I am unaware of your entire medical history.
View our entire legal disclaimer here.